- In Computer Technology 2, I can use this learning model while teaching "IF Statements." After, teaching students how to create and use an IF statement, I will present the students with a problem to solve. The problem will be request that students create a grade book for their teacher. The grade book needs to include a column that calculates a letter grade using an IF Statement. Students will work in groups of 2 or 3 to plan out their function on paper first. Once they have a plan, they will get into Excel and put their plan to use. Finally, they will evaluate the effectiveness of their function.
- In Computer Programming, I can use this model to have students create a program that will calculate change. I will present the scenario to the students. They will be split into groups of 2-3 to create a solution to the problem. They will then create their program. Finally, they will evaluate their program's effectiveness.
- In Accounting, this could be a useful model when learning about a chart of accounts. I can give the students a problem when they need to identify the necessary accounts for a business and create the chart of accounts for the business. They will be split into groups of 2-3. In those groups they will evaluate the problem, come up with a solution, then create their chart of accounts in the program of their choosing. They will present their chart of accounts to the class. As a class we will evaluate the effectiveness of each groups chart of accounts.
Monday, July 27, 2015
Problem-Based
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment